Holiday Let EPCs

From 30th June 2011 an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) must be obtained for properties that are rented out as holiday lets.

At present an EPC is not required for a property where the agreement between the parties involved expressly allows for a short period of holiday occupation and where there is no intention to create a tenancy.

However, from 30th June an EPC will be required for a property rented out as a holiday let where the property is to be rented out for a combined total of 4 months or more in any 12 month period.

For the purposes of this requirement, a holiday let is defined as a roofed construction having walls for which energy is used to condition the indoor environment. This does not apply to caravans, tents or mobile homes.
Print Print | Sitemap
Thank you for your interest